- 8-10 Pounds-Pork Butt-with fat cap, bone-in or boneless
- To Coat-Chef Troy’s Back Rub-or your favorite bbq rub
- 4 Cups-Hickory Wood Chip-soaked at least one hour
- 1 Cup-Ketchup
- ¼ Cup-Cider Vinegar
- ¼-½ Cup-Cold Water
- 2 Tablespoon-Chef Troy’s Back Rub-or your favorite
Combine all ingredients and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Pre heat oven to 225 degrees
- Pat pork dry and completely coat pork with rub.
- Place in a roasting pan fitted with a rack, cover with aluminum foil.
- Roast until tender, about 8 hours
- Pre-heat grill/smoker for indirect low heat, about 225 degrees.
- Remove foil, place rack with pork on grill, indirect heat side.
- Add wood chips and let smoke for 1 to 1 ½ hours.
- Remove and shred pork using two forks.
- Sauce if desired and serve on buns, tortillas or on its own.