Andouille & Mustard Green Stuffed Mushrooms
Makes 25 Stuffed Mushrooms
- 25 Each-Cremini Mushrooms-stems removed
- 2 Tablespoons-Olive Oil
- 1/3 Pound-Andouille Sausage-(about 2 links) casing removed, crumbled
- 2 Cups-Mustard Greens-stems removed, rinsed well, rough chopped
- 2 Cloves-Garlic-finely chopped
- 2 Each-Green Onions-sliced thin, whites and green tops separated
- 1/4 Cup-Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup-Pecorino Romano-grated
- 1/2 Cup-Fontina Cheese-shredded
- 1 Each-Egg-lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat and add sausage.
- Cook sausage breaking into small pieces until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Next add chopped greens, cook until wilted, add garlic and white parts of onions.
- Continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes or until garlic is fragrant.
- Remove mixture from the heat and place in a mixing bowl to cool.
- Add green tops of onions, bread crumbs, cheeses, egg and mix well to combine.
- Place mushrooms, cavity side up, on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
- Evenly distribute sausage mixture into the mushroom caps.
- About 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons heaping in each cap.
- Bake until mushrooms are tender about 20 minutes, plate and serve warm.