Charred Tomato and Corn Salsa
- 4 Each-Roma Tomatoes-halved, tosses in oil and seasoned with spice mix
- 2 Cob-Corn-par boiled, seasoned and oiled
- 1/4 Cup-Red Onion-about 1 thick sliced piece of a medium onion, lightly oil and seasoned
- 1-2 Each-Jalapeno- deseed, small diced, plus extra thin sliced for garnish
- 1 Each-Lime-juice of
- 1/4 Cup-Cilantro-leaves only loose pack measurement
- To Taste-Kosher Salt/Black Pepper
- Preheat grill to medium high heat for direct heat grilling.
- Place the onion on the grill, do not move until charred.
- Place corn on grill and turn to char on all sides, remove and allow to cool.
- Place tomatoes cut side down on grill and slightly charred.
- Flip, grill for about 45 seconds and remove from the grill.
- Rough chop onions and tomatoes and place in a food processor.
- Cut corn of cob and set aside
- To a food processor add the jalapeno, lime juice, cilantro and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pulse to a rough consistency, place in a bowl with corn and stir to combine.
- Taste, re-season if necessary and serve with fried tortilla chips.