Fried Green Tomato peppered bacon, chipotle pimento cheese
- 1 Loaf-Fresh Sandwich Bread-from bakery or store bought, 4 thick slices
- 12 Slices-Thick Sliced Bacon-peppered, cooked, drained
- 1 Head-Romaine Lettuce-thin sliced
- 1/4-1/2 Cup-Canola, Corn or Peanut Oil
- 2 Large-Green Tomatoes-or 4-6 small
- To Taste-Chef Troy’s Spice Mix-or kosher salt/black pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups-All Purpose Flour
- 2 Each-Eggs
- 1/2 Cup-Buttermilk
- 1 1/2 Cups-Fine Corn Meal-or masa harina flour (corn flour)
- 1 Cup-Sharp Cheddar Cheese-grated
- 1 Cup-Pepper Jack Cheese-grated
- 3/4 Cup-Mayonnaise
- 1 Teaspoon-Chipotle Puree-canned Chipotle in Adobo Sauce, blend until smooth
- Reserved-Green Onion-reserved bottoms, chopped very fine
- 3 Tablespoons-Pimentos-chopped
- For pimento cheese, mix until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to assemble sandwich, and up to 5 days.
- Preheat oil in a deep skillet to medium high heat.
- Preheat grill for direct heat grilling or oven to low broil.
- Slice tomatoes about 1/2 inch thick, season both sides with Spice Mix and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Dredge tomato slices in flour, shake off excess, dip into milk/egg mixture and dredge in corn meal.
- Fry on both sides until crisp and golden, about 3 to 5 minute and drain on paper towel lined plate.
- Lightly oil and grill/broil bread on both sides to toast.
- Equally distribute pimento cheese on each piece of bread.
- Top four slices with lettuce, bacon, fried green tomatoes and serve.