Mini Apple Pies with Nutella Sauce
- 2 Each-Refrigerated Pie Crust Dough
- 2 Each-Granny Smith Apples
- 1 Each-Lemon-juice of
- 2 Tablespoons-Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 Teaspoon-Almond Extract-or vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons-Brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoons-Fresh Ginger-grated
- Pinch-Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons-All Purpose Flour
- 1 Each-Egg Yolk
- 1 Tablespoon-Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup-Nutella
- 3 Tablespoons
- Preheat oven 425 degrees
- Peel apples, remove from core, cut into small cubes and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add lemon juice and mix to combine.
- Melt butter in a large non stick pan over medium heat until starting to foam.
- Add apples/lemon juice, almond extract, sugar, ginger, cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Cook stirring frequently to soften apples, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour, stir to incorporate and cook until liquid in pan begins to thicken, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove and let cool to room temperature, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove pie dough from package, flour both sides and gently roll dough out to about a 14” diameter.
- Butter a sheet tray and set aside.
- On one of the pie dough mound cooled apple filling in 8 piles.
- Lay second dough on top and form over mounds.
- Using a cutter larger than the mounds cut out each mini pie.
- Fold edges of dough over, pleating each fold all the way around filling to seal.
- Place each on sheet tray.
- Whisk egg yolk and milk together and brush top of each pie.
- Poke three small holes in the center of each.
- Place in preheated oven and cook until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly and serve with Nutella sauce to dip.