Rustic Ciabatta Bread
- 1 ½ Cups-Water-hand warm about 105 degrees
- 1 ½ Teaspoons-Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon-Sugar-granulated
- 1 Tablespoon-Olive Oil
- 3 ¼ Cups-All Purpose or Bread Flour-plus more for dusting
- 2 Teaspoons-Dry Yeast
- To Dust-Corn meal
- In the bowl of a stand up mixer add flour, salt, sugar, oil and yeast to well.
- Add water and being mixing with dough hook until dough comes together.
- Add a little more flour at a time until dough starts to come off sides of the bowl.
- Turn out onto a flour board and mix until soft and still slightly sticky.
- Lightly spread corn meal a pizza peel/baking sheet and form an oblong loaf.
- Dimple top of dough, lightly flour dough, cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Dimple again, lightly flour, let rest for another 30 minutes and preheat oven to 425 degrees fitted with a baking stone.
- Slide loaf onto stone, spray inside of oven with water from a spray bottle and close door quickly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, spray inside oven every five minutes, and don’t spray bread directly.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before slicing.