Basic Fresh Pasta
Makes approximately one pound of pasta
- 2 ¼ Cups-All Purpose Flour
- 3 Each-Egg-slightly beaten
- 1 Teaspoon-Kosher Salt
- 1 Tablespoon-Olive Oil
- Place flour in a mixing bowl, make a well and add eggs, salt and oil.
- Using a fork start mixing eggs bringing a little flour into eggs at a time.
- Continue to mix until enough flour has been incorporated to use your hands to knead.
- Kneading dough until soft and smooth and cover with plastic wrap and let rest for about 30 minutes.
- Cut dough into four equal pieces (cover what you aren’t working) and begin passing through pasta roller.
- Start with widest setting, lightly dust dough and pass through rollers.
- When dough comes out bottom dust with flour, fold in half and pass through again at the same setting.
- Change setting by one notch thinner and repeat passing through/dusting/folding/changing setting to preferred thickness.
- Cut pasta to desired length, dust with flour and place on a flour sheet tray and cover with a dry towel.
- Continue with remaining dough, cook immediately or store in air tight storage in refrigerator for up to 3 days.