Cannellini Bean & Okra Succotash
- 2 Tablespoons-Unsalted butter
- 1/4 Cup-Onions-medium diced
- 1 Each-Jalapeno-deseeded and diced
- 2 Cobs-Fresh/Frozen Corn on the Cob-par boil 8 minutes, oil, season, char on grill, cool
- 1-30 Ounce Can-Whole Peeled Tomatoes-crushed by hand
- To Taste-Kosher Salt/Black Pepper
- 2-15 Ounce Cans-Cannellini Beans-rinsed, drained
- 2 Cups-Fresh Okra or frozen Okra (not breaded), cut into 1/2 rounds
- To Taste-Fresh Parsley-leaves only, chopped
- Cut corn off cob and melt butter over medium heat in a stock pot.
- Add onion/jalapeno and cook until softened, about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add crushed tomatoes, charred corn and season with salt/pepper.
- Lower heat and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add okra cook on low until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add cannellini beans and warm through, about 2 minutes.
- Add parsley stir in and serve.