- 2 Pounds-Ground Pork
- 1/2 Pound-Hickory Smoked Bacon-sliced into thin strips
- 2 Tablespoons-Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons-Kosher Salt
- 2 Teaspoons-Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons-Ground Coriander
- 1 Teaspoon-Crushed Red Pepper
- 3 Teaspoons-Fresh Sage-finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons-All Purpose Flour
- 2 ½ Cups-Whole Milk
- To Taste-Hot Sauce
- To Taste-Kosher Salt/Black Pepper
- Combine pork, bacon with remaining ingredients.
- Mix together, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Form sausage mixture into patties.
- Use immediately or keep refrigerated for up to 5 days, also can be frozen.
- Warm a large iron skillet over medium heat.
- Cook sausage patties slowly, flip when slightly brown, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cook to brown other side and cooked through.
- Remove from pan, leaving fat in skillet, and drain sausage on a paper towel lined plate.
- Add flour and quickly stir into sausage drippings to combine using a wooden spoon.
- Scrape any sausage bits off bottom of skillet and incorporate.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until flour starts to turn a light brown, about 1 minute.
- Add the milk in small increments, about a ¼-½ cup at a time, begin whisking milk into flour.
- Continue adding milk, whisking constantly, until all has been incorporated, lower heat slightly if needed.
- Low heat to lowest setting and season to taste with salt/pepper/hot sauce.
- Crumble a sausage patty or two into gravy and serve over warm biscuits.