Cheddar Jalapeno Biscuits
- 1 ¾ Cups-All Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons-Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon-Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon-Salt
- ¾ Cup-Sharp Cheddar Cheese-shredded
- 1 Each-Jalapeno-stem/seeds removed, fine diced
- 8 Tablespoons/1 Stick-Unsalted Butter-very cold
- 1 Cup-Buttermilk/Whole Milk/2% Milk
- 3 Tablespoons-Unsalted Butter-melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ½ cheddar and jalapeno until well combined.
- Cut butter into small pieces and work into flour mixture with fingers until only small pea sizes pieces remain.
- Add milk, begin to combine, once dough comes together place on flour board.
- Dust with flour, fold together 5/6 times just until dough starts to come together, adding more flour if needed.
- Shape dough into a rectangle, ½” thick and cut into 8 to 10 squares.
- Place on a sheet tray and top with remaining cheddar.
- Bake until golden and fluffy, about 10-13 minutes. Brush with melted butter and serve.