Gnocchi (store bought or recipe below)
- 1 Pound-Russet Potatoes-washed, boil until tender about 25 to 30 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons-Parmesan Cheese-grated, plus extra for garnish
- 1 Each-Egg-slightly beaten
- 1/4 Teaspoon-Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon-Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Cups-All Purpose Flour
- Peel skin off of boiled potatoes, and pass through a ricer into a large bowl.
- Add half the flour and egg to bowl.
- Gently mix adding a little of remaining flour at a time to form a soft dough.
- Cut dough into 4 pieces, roll each into a long rope about 1/2” thick.
- Cut each rope into pieces about an inch long.
- Place finished gnocchi onto a floured baking sheet covered with a towel.
- Get a large stock pot of water boiling; add a large pinch of salt.
- Place gnocchi in boiling salted water.
- When gnocchi float they are done.
- Use a large slotted spoon/spider to remove gnocchi and place in ice bath to stop cooking.
- 1 Each-Duck Quarter
- To Taste-Blackened Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons-Olive Oil
- 1 Each-Carrot-rough chopped
- 1 Blub-Fresh Garlic-halved across cloves
- 1 Each-Celery Stalk-rough chopped
- 2 Tablespoons-Red Wine Vinegar
- To Top-Chicken Stock
- 2 Tablespoons-Unsalted Butter
- 2 Cups-Heavy Cream
- 1 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- ½ Teaspoon-Blackened Seasoning
- ¾ Cup-Parmesan Cheese-grated
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Season duck leg with blackened seasoning.
- Warm oil in an iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add duck skin side down and cook for until skin is golden and crispy, about 3 minutes.
- Flip, repeat and remove duck.
- Drain off all but about 2 tablespoons of fat.
- Add veg and cook to slightly brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add a ½ cup of stock and stir, scraping bit of bottom of pan.
- Add vinegar, stir and duck back to pot.
- Top off with stock leaving top of the duck (skin) exposed.
- Place in oven and braise until tender, about 2 hours.
- Remove from oven, remove duck quarter and let cool enough to handle.
- Remove skin, discard, pick meat off the bone and shred.
- Melt butter in a stock pot over medium heat.
- Add cream, salt, blackened seasoning and whisk to combine.
- Bring to a gentle simmer, whisking frequently, until cream begins to thicken, about 10-15 minutes.
- Lower heat, whisk in ½ cup of the parmesan and stir in duck meat.
- Place gnocchi in duck alfredo and stir to combine.
- Place gnocchi/duck alfredo on app spoons or into individual ramekins.
- Top with remaining parmesan and serve.