- 1 Recipe-Bean Soup-see recipe below
- 1 Recipe-Basic Risotto-see recipe below
- 1 Each-Zucchini-small size, quarter long-ways, medium dice
- 1 Each-Yellow Squash-small size, quarter long-ways, medium dice
- 1 Each-Red Bell Pepper-cut in half, cut into long strips
- 1 Cup-Cremini/Button Mushrooms-quartered
- To Drizzle-Olive Oil
- To Taste-Chef Troy’s Spice Mix-or kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 Each-Chicken Thighs-bone in skin on
- To Drizzle-Olive Oil
- To Taste-Chef Troy’s Spice Mix-kosher salt/black pepper
- 3 Sprigs-Oregano-fresh, leaves only
- To Taste-Parmesan-sliced with a vegetable peeler into long ribbons
- Make Bean Soup according to recipe and keep warm over low heat, can be done a day or two before.
- Preheat oven and two iron skillets to 425 degrees.
- In separate bowls, lightly drizzle vegetables/chicken with oil, season with Spice Mix and toss to coat.
- Remove skillets, add vegetables/chicken in separate skillets and place in oven.
- Roast until slightly charred and softened, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove from skillet and place on a sheet tray.
- When cool enough to handle rough chop vegetables, shred chicken and set aside until ready to assemble.
- Start risotto by melting butter with olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add onions/garlic and cook stirring frequently until onions are soften and translucent. (Do not burn garlic)
- Add rice, toast stirring frequently for about 3 minutes. (Outer shell of rice will start turn translucent)
- Raise heat to medium high and add a couple 8 ounce ladles of warm stock.
- Pan should be hot enough so stock immediately boils.
- Stir until most of liquid is absorbed and add a couple of ladles full and continue to stir.
- Only add more stock when rice has almost absorbed what was just added.
- Repeat process until all but one cup of stock has been incorporated.
- Remove from heat, stir in last cup of stock, roasted vegetables, salt/pepper, parmesan, cover and let rest at least 5 minutes.
- To serve, ladle bean soup into a shallow bowl.
- Add a scoop of risotto in a single mound in center of soup.
- Scatter a little chicken around risotto on top of bean soup.
- Garnish with fresh oregano and parmesan ribbons.
- 4 Tablespoons-Unsalted Butter
- 4 Tablespoons-Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup-Onion-Small Dice
- 3 Cloves-Garlic-Fine Chopped
- 1 Pound-Aborio Rice
- 10 Cups-Chicken Stock-warm
- To Taste-Kosher Salt/Black Pepper
- ¼ Cup-Grated Parmesan Cheese