Baked Oysters with Sriracha Butter
- 12 Each-Oysters-raw on the half shell
- 8 Slices-Bacon-sliced into strips
- 1 Clove-Garlic-chopped fine
- 1 Each-Green Onion-sliced thin
- 4 Each-Sun Dried Tomato (packed in oil)-drain and slice into thin strips
- ¼ Cup-Panko Bread Crumbs
- 4 Cups-Rock Salt
- 1/2 Stick-Unsalted Butter-softened to room temperature
- 1-2 Tablespoons-Sriracha Hot Sauce
- Combine butter and hot sauce until incorporated.
- Place on a 12x12 piece of plastic wrap and form into log about 1” in diameter, tightly wrapping in plastic.
- Place in the refrigerator to set up, at least two hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a sauté pan cook bacon oven medium high heat until crispy.
- Remove with slotted spoon (leave drippings in pan) and drain on paper towel.
- Lower heat to medium, add garlic, onion and sun dried tomatoes to drippings.
- Cook, stirring frequently until softened, about 2 minutes, remove from heat and let cool.
- Once cool place in a mixing bowl with bread crumbs/bacon and combine.
- Spread salt on a baking sheet.
- Scrub oysters, open and loosen oyster from the shell, discard the top shell.
- Top with bacon bread crumb mixture and a slice of the Sriracha butter.
- Bake until golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Melt some of Sriracha butter, place oysters on a serving platter and serve.