- 6 Cups-Collard Greens-thick stem removed, halved, cut into strips, washed
- 1/2 Cup-Red Onion-cut into half moons
- 2 Each-Roma Tomatoes-cored, deseeded and diced
- 1 Each-Carrot-shredded
- 1 Each-Granny Smith Apple-cut into match sticks size pieces, held in lemon water
- To Taste-Feta Cheese-crumbled
- To Taste-Black Pepper
- 1 Each-Pork Tenderloin
- To Taste-Chef Troy’s Back Rub
- To Drizzle-Olive Oil
- 1 Cup-Sour Cream
- ¼ Cup-Buttermilk
- 2 Each-Jalapeno-roasted, skin, stem and seeds removed
- ½ Teaspoon-Kosher Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon-Black Pepper
- 1/2 Each-Lime-juice of
- 3 Tablespoons-Cilantro Leaves
- ¼ Cup-Feta Cheese
- Set tenderloin out at room temperature at least one hour before preparing.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place buttermilk, sour cream, roasted jalapeno, salt, lime juice and cilantro in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and stir in feta cheese, season to taste with black pepper.
- Place in a container fitted with a lid and store in refrigerator.
- Cut tenderloin into 2” thick steak pieces, pat dry and season top and bottom with Back Rub.
- Heat an iron skillet/oven safe pan over medium heat.
- Drizzle just enough oil in pan to barley coat bottom.
- Place pork tenderloin steaks in pan and sear on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Place pan in oven and roast to desired temperature, about 8-10 minutes for medium, flipping once.
- Remove from oven/pan and place on a plate to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Assemble the salad on a large serving platter or on individual plates in this order.
- Equally distribute collards greens on top of two dinner plates or four salad plates.
- Top with onions, tomatoes, carrot, apple, can be done ahead.
- Drizzle with dressing, add apple and scatter over feta on salad.
- Thinly slice pork tenderloin steaks, top salad and serve with remaining dressing on the side.