- 2 Tablespoons-Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon-Unsalted Butter
- 3 Each-Green Onions-sliced thin
- 2 Cloves-Garlic-fine chopped
- 1/4 Cup-Red Bell Pepper
- 1/4 Cup-Dry Roasted Peanuts-chopped
- 1 Cup-Coconut Milk
- 1 1/4 Cups-Water
- 1 Cup-Long Grain Rice
- 1 Teaspoon-Kosher Salt/Black Pepper
- ¼ Cup-Cilantro-rough chopped
- Warm oil/butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add green onions, garlic, peppers, peanuts and cook stirring frequently until onions are translucent.
- Add rice, salt/pepper, stir to coat and add coconut milk, water and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, stir in cilantro, cover and simmer for 13 minutes on low without removing the lid.
- When timer goes off remove pan from heat, leave covered and let rest for at least 10 minutes before removing lid.
- Serve warm as a side item, goes great with stir fry and curry dishes.