- 1 Cups-Warm Water
- 1 Tablespoon-Active Dry Yeast
- 2 Tablespoons-Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons- Olive Oil-plus extra
- 2 Teaspoons-Kosher Salt-plus extra
- 3 Tablespoons-Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Teaspoons-Za’ atar Spice
- 2 ½-3 Cups-All Purpose/Bread Flour
- Combine warm water with yeast and sugar.
- Set timer and let rise for 10 minutes.
- Warm bowl of stand up mixer/mixing bowl with warm water.
- Add yeast water to bowl, add oil, salt, Za’atar and 2 ½ cups of the flour.
- Add bowl to stand up mixer and attach the dough hook.
- Mix on low speed until a sticky ball of dough is formed, add remaining flour if necessary.
- Place dough in lightly oiled bowl, cover, set timer for one hour and let rise.
- Preheat oven/baking stone to 500 degrees.
- Divide into three portions and flatten into an oblong shape.
- Brush with oil and let rest on a flour surface for 5 minutes.
- Bake on stone until golden brown, remove, brush with a little oil and season with kosher salt.