Homemade Fries with Balsamic Ketchup
- 4 Each-Russet Potatoes-peeled
- 2 Quarts-Canola Oil
- To Taste-Kosher Salt/Black Pepper
- 1 Cup-Ketchup
- ¼ Cup-Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ Teaspoon-Black Pepper
- Combine ketchup, balsamic and black pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot fitted with a thermometer to 325 degrees, only put enough oil in the pot or fryer to fill halfway to ensure that the oil won’t spill over when adding the fries.
- Cut potatoes into 1/4” fry size pieces.
- Rinse under cold water until water is clear.
- Frying in batches for 6 to 8 minutes, until cooked through and just starting to brown.
- Drain on a paper towel lined sheet tray, this can be done a day ahead of time and held in refrigerator.
- Raise heat of the oil to 365 degrees.
- Fry again in batches until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towel lined sheet tray.
- Immediately season generously with salt/pepper.