- 2 Pounds-Boneless/Skinless Chicken Thighs-cubed
- 1 Each-Egg-beaten
- ¼ Cup-Green Onion-thin slice
- 2 Cloves-Garlic-chopped fine
- To Taste-Kosher Salt/Black Pepper
- ½ Cup-Panko Breadcrumbs
- ½ Cup-Blue Cheese-crumbled
- 25 Each-Slider Buns-or soft bun cut to size with a biscuit cutter
Garlicky Buffalo Sauce
- 8 Ounces-Sour Cream
- 2 Tablespoons-Hot Sauce
- 3 Cloves Garlic-chopped very fine
- 2 Tablespoons-Olive Oil, plus extra
- 1 Each-Green Onion-white part only sliced thin
- To Taste-Black Pepper/Kosher Salt
- Warm a sauté pan and oil over very low heat.
- Cook garlic until softened, about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Cool completely in a bowl in refrigerator.
- Combine remaining sauce ingredients with garlic, store covered in refrigerator for up to three days.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place, chicken, egg, onion, garlic in a food processor, season to taste.
- Blend into a smooth paste and place in a bowl.
- Add breadcrumbs, half the blue cheese and mix to combine.
- Portion into equal size balls, about size of a golf ball and drop in boiling water.
- Cook in batches until firm, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove, drain and pat dry, this step can be done a day ahead of time.
- Warm an iron skillet/oven safe pan over medium high heat.
- Toss balls with a little oil, season with salt and pepper and begin browning in pan.
- Once brown place in oven until cooked through, internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- Remove and build sliders by placing a chicken slider on bottom portion of bun.
- Top with a little sauce and remaining crumbled blue cheese.
- Add top bun and secure with toothpicks and serve.
Makes about 25 sliders