Fried Pimento Cheese Stuffed Risotto Balls
Makes about 24
- 4 Cups-Cooked Risotto-cooled, or leftover rice
- 2 Tablespoons-Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley-leaves only, chopped fine
- 1 Tablespoon-Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 Each-Egg
- 1 Cup-Sharp Cheddar Cheese-grated
- 1 Cup-Pepper Jack Cheese-grated
- 3/4 Cup-Mayonnaise
- 2 Each-Green Onion-ends removed, sliced thin
- 3 Tablespoons-Pimentos-chopped
- 2 Cups-Flour
- 4 Each-Eggs-beaten
- 3 to 4 Cups-Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ Quart-Canola Oil
- In a food processor or by hand combine all ingredients for pimento cheese.
- Place in refrigerator to firm up, this can be done a day or two ahead of time.
- Pre-heat oil in a large stock pot to 360 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine risotto/rice with parsley, crushed red pepper and egg.
- Form risotto/rice into balls, about the size of a golf ball.
- Make an indention with your thumb in the side of risotto ball.
- Scoop a tablespoon or so of pimento cheese and place into the indention and reform ball to enclose.
- Dredge balls in this order flour, egg and bread crumbs.
- Place a ball or two in a slotted spoon.
- Lower into preheated oil and cook until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drain on a paper towel lined sheet tray, serve warm.