- 2 Each-Chicken Breast-boneless/skinless, about 10-12 ounces
- To Drizzle-Olive Oil
- To Taste-Chef Troy’s Spice Mix
- 8 Ounces-Button/Cremini Mushrooms-quartered
- 8 Slices-Sopressata-or any dried cured Italian salami
- 1 ¼ Cup-Pepper Jack Cheese-shredded
- Lay chicken breasts flat on a cutting board and filet in half separating to from bottom.
- Preheat grill/iron skillet/sauté pan to medium high heat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a separate pan, heat about 2-3 tablespoons of oil over medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms, toss to coat and season with Spice Mix.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until starting to color, about 5 minutes.
- Lower heat, stirring periodically and keep warm while preparing chicken.
- Brush chicken with oil and season with Spice Mix.
- Place on grill/or in pan and cook for about a minute and a half, or until starting to brown.
- Flip and repeat, both sides should be golden brown but middle of chicken not quite cooked through.
- If grilling, remove from grill and place on a sheet tray or oven safe pan.
- Top with 2 slices each of Sopressata and equally distribute the cheese.
- Place in oven to melt cheese and finish cooking chicken, about 5 minutes.
- Remove and place on individual plates or a serving platter.
- Top with warm mushrooms and serve.
This dish is awesome topped with a cream sauce or my Roasted Cauliflower & Chorizo Soup as a sauce.